t times, when you try to switch between normal to multi-user mode, you might end up with QuickBooks Error H101. Several reasons trigger the error code. Some of them include incorrect file configuration, PC is unable to connect with the server, incoming/outgoing communication is blocked, and so on. Apart from these, there are several other reasons that we have discussed later in this blog. Along with that, we have listed the resolution methods that can help you fix it at the earliest.
Struggling with error H101 in QuickBooks! Give us a call on our Toll-Free Number (855)-856–0053 and take the assistance of our experts.
What Brings ForthQuickBooks Desktop Error H101?
Here, we have mentioned the common causes that lead to QuickBooks Error H101:
- You won’t be able to connect your computer with the server.
- The right allocation of a file is not accessible from the server.
- The QuickBooks firewall settings are blocking access to company files.
- Your incoming and outgoing communication is blocked.
- The company file configuration is either damaged or incorrect.
- You cannot access the file stored on your computer system.
- QuickBooks is unable to find the IP address of your system.
- An error message flashes on your screen when your company file is located in none of the installed servers.
After knowing why it takes place, let’s go ahead and learn how to troubleshoot the H101 QuickBooks error.
How To Troubleshoot H101 Error In QuickBooks?
Below we have mentioned the various effective resolution methods that can help you eliminate QuickBooks H101 error:
Method 1: Verify Hosting Services
- In the first place, you have to open the QuickBooks software on every computer.
- After that, select the file followed by utilities.
- If you come across the option “Host Multi-User Access” on the list, you have to select it.
- Whereas, if the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” appears on your screen, then you don't need to select it.
- Lastly, you have to follow the steps mentioned above on every system.
Method 2: Verify QuickBooks Services
- At first, simultaneously press the Windows +R keys to open the run box.
- There you have to type services.MSc and then press the Enter key.
- Then, you have to scroll down and in the services window search for the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Further, you need to ensure that the startup type is set to automatic and service status is running.
- Once done, click on the recovery tab.
- Afterward, click on the drop-down menu for the first failure to select the option restart the Service.
- If it fails, do the same for second and subsequent failures.
- Click OK for saving the changes.
- You must repeat steps 1-6 for the QBCFMonitorService.
- At last, you have to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode on every affected workstation.
Method 3: Make a new folder for your company file
- To begin, you have to create a new folder.
- Then, share the same on the hosting computer.
- You have to set windows to get the entry for sharing company files.
- Afterward, copy the “.qbw file” to the newly created folder.
- In the end, open company files in multi-user mode.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor can detect the error on its own. Besides, it also troubleshoots QuickBooks errors without any fail. Further, you have to download QB File Doctor on your system. Once installed, run the tool. That’s how it will fix the QuickBooks error H101.
Need Professional’s Assistance!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the blog would have helped you eliminate QuickBooks Error H101 without any hassle. If the issue persists and you need technical assistance, then you must get in touch with our experts by placing a call on our helpline number (855)-856–0053. Our experts are available round the clock to provide you with the handiest solutions.